Top 5 steps to preventing acne:
- Wash your face every night with a gentle cleanser
- Avoid oil-containing make-ups, sunscreens, and moisturizers on the face
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink plenty of water
- Shower as soon as possible after physical exercise to clear sweat from skin
- Avoid taking supplements known to worsen acne such as whey protein
Acne breakouts can be stubborn and recurrent. If pimples persist after following the above tips, see a board-certified dermatologist to consider prescription treatments such as retin-a and accutane.