With fall weather setting in, it’s time to start thinking about dry winter skin. The best way to treat dry skin, also known as xerosis, is prevention. These are Dr. Cherry’s 5 steps to prevent and treat dry, itchy winter skin.
- Instead of body wash, use a bar soap for sensitive skin.
- Use luke warm water instead of hot.
- After you are finished showering, turn off water and pat dry with a towel before getting out.
- Keep a large jar of moisturizing cream in the shower. My favorites are CeraVe, Cetaphil, and Aveeno. Apply your moisturizer while still in the shower, making it part of your routine and locking in moisture before stepping into the dry, cooler air.
- If you follow these steps and are still experiencing dry, itchy skin, consult a board-certified dermatologist as you may have a more serious medical condition such as eczema.
Some of our favorite products to help with dry skin on the face and body are Epionce Medical Barrier Cream, SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream, SkinMedica HA5, Revision Hydrating Serum, and EltaMD Moisture-Rich Body Creme.