Top 5 Things to Look for in a Self-Skin Exam:
- Any new dark or changing moles
- A mole that has irregular color or irregular borders
- Moles greater than the size of a pencil eraser
- New pink or pearly bumps that don’t go away within one month
- Pink scaly patches that don’t resolve within one month
If you find a lesion with any of the above changes or any other worrisome lesion, see a board certified dermatologist for evaluation. Annual full body skin exams are important to catch lesions in hard to watch areas.